CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
Case studies, technical and scientific information, research findings, legislative information, and innovative projects are just some of the exciting subjects of the 100 conferences, panels discussions, workshops, trainings, actuality sessions which will be given in four rooms simultaneously. The conferences will be grouped into thematic sessions under six key topics: innovation and clean technology; green and circular economy; energy transition; adapting to climate change; sustainable cities; as well as responsible investing and green taxation.
The program of Americana 2021 will be progressively revealed as of November 2020. To attend the presentations, you can purchase one of the packages — valid for one, two or three days — listed on our Registration page.
The program of Americana 2021 will be progressively revealed as of November 2020. Stay tuned!
Call for speakers
Be part of Americana’s program! Réseau Environnement is currently looking for speakers for its 14th edition. Do you wish to submit a presentation? Read the call for speakers sent out on June 12. Conference proposals must be submitted before September 14, 2020.
The call for papers is open until August 31st, 2020, 11.59PM
Take note of the following requirements for your submission to be selected:
- The proposition should be submitted under the name of the speaker;
- Maximum of two (2) speakers per conference (maximum one (1) cospeaker per conference);
- The speaker’s biography, the cospeaker’s biography (if present), the title and the abstract of your conference must be submitted in English and French. This information will be published on the event website and available in two languages.
Réseau Environnement’s mission is to be the catalyst of the green economy in Quebec. The conferences submitted for this event will promote practices that, in one way or another, help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase the creation of green jobs in order to move towards a green economy.
* A green economy is an approach to implement sustainable development. (ISQ,2020) It results in improved human well-being and social equity, while significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities. It is low carbon, resource efficient, and socially inclusive. (UNEP, 2011)
Please note the duration of the conferences may be subjected to change.
In the case of travel restrictions for international speakers, they will be able to give their lecture through videoconference.
Each conference lasts 20 minutes maximum. The conference takes place within a session of 1 hour and 30 minutes which gathers other conferences of the same theme. A question period is allowed at the end of the conference. A conference can be a presentation of a project, of a case study, of an innovative technology, etc.
Each training lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes maximum. The training takes place throughout the duration of the session and has its own topic. The goal of the training session is to broadcast technical and educational content which will allow participants to gain knowledge that they can use in their professional surroundings. For this session, the format of the room will be an academic format.
Each workshop lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes maximum. The workshop takes place throughout the duration of the session and has its own topic. The goal of the workshop is to encourage participation and reflection amongst smaller groups in order to find solutions. At the end of the session, participants share their findings. For this session, the format of the room will be a round table format.
- For all accepted submissions, the registration of the speaker will be covered by Reseau Environnement for the day of the conference. If the speaker wants to attend the event on a different day than his conference day, he/she will have to pay the registration fee for this other day. Moreover, the Distinction Gala is not included neither for the speaker, nor for the cospeaker.
- All cospeakers whose submission has been accepted will have to cover the registration cost themselves. Following the reviewing period and the acceptance of the submission, a communication will be sent with all the details.
Call for speakers
Be a part of Americana’s program! Réseau Environnement is currently looking for speakers for the 2021 edition.
Submit a conference before August 31, 2020